Looking for a Distribution Supervisor:
• Manages rural water distribution system that covers four counties and over 2000 miles of potable water line.
• Inspects facilities and equipment and identifies repair and maintenance needs; evaluates repair and maintenance needs, prioritizes work, and assigns staff, vehicles, and equipment;
• Dispatches crews to work sites, monitors work methods and procedures, supervises the activities of work crews; assigns duties, responsibilities, and resources; reviews projects and workload, assigns work, and monitors operations; provides assistance and training in technical issues and responsibilities; analyzes workload trends, and implements staffing and assignment adjustments;
• Meets regularly with staff to discuss and resolve priorities, schedule, and workload issues; reviews the work of staff to assure the work quality and timely accomplishment of assigned duties and responsibilities;
• Trains work crew in potable water procedures, techniques, and safety standards;
• Prepares reports for regulatory agencies including Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ); writes technical and summary reports as needed;
• Maintains inventories of materials, equipment, and tools; purchases materials as authorized;
• Help to Maintain and update M-DWSC’s GIS mapping system for rural water related utilities;
• Assist in the preparation of the department annual budget;
• Provides customer service, and resolves customer service issues; investigates complaints, and aids the public within scope of authority; interprets and explains technical specifications, codes, federal and state regulations, and related policies and procedures to the general public;
• Operates and maintains vehicles and equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures; identifies and reports mechanical problems requiring additional repair;
• Performs professional repair and maintenance tasks as needed to assure effectiveness of rural water system.
• Supports the relationship between the M-DWSC and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and M-DWSC information;
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Regular Full Time / Exempt (Salary)
Starting pay: $65,000/year
Benefits: Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays,
401K Savings Plan,
Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
Minimum of three years of related field supervisory experience in a similar size municipal or district organization, OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Minimum Class C Surface or Distribution license from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) is required for this position.
Applicants holding one or more of the required licenses may be considered provided the applicant possesses the TCEQ licensing pre-requisites to obtain the lacking required licensing within six (6) months of hire date as a condition of continued employment.